The Memorial Hall was opened in 1924 to commemorate the 22 men from the village who died in the Great War of 1914-18. It was funded through local subscription and cost £1,290. Since then, it has been the social hub of the village providing the venue for a wide range of village events. The picture below was taken shortly before the hall was opened and before the chestnut tree was planted in front of the main gate. The wooden picket fence was later replaced with railings. The Hall is being extensively refurbished (2017-18) to repair the roof, upgrade heating and electrics, and to provide additional space.
To see the planting of the splendid Chestnut tree that stands in front of the Memorial Hall click here